Monday, March 8, 2010

A new week, a new start

The past week has brought some changes in my future plans. I finally became a bit more active in launching a freelance writing business. Those steps have inspired me to begin a new blog, one that is actually available to readers.

In this space, I will address current events that interest me. Anyone who knows me is well aware that I have strong opinions on a variety of topics. So I have decided to create a space where I share those opinions. I know that my readers may not agree with my thoughts but I hope readers will approach this space with an open mind. I hope to learn from my readers and perhaps teach them at the same time.

As a blogger, I promise maintain this area as a space where others can disagree with me, provided they do so in a respectful, mature, and articulate manner. I also vow that I will refrain from hateful, derogatory, and infantile language in my posts. My goal here is to present my thoughts on a given topic in a way that invites mature, lively debate and discussion. Frankly, I think we have lost the ability to debate important topics in this country and I'd like to use this space in an attempt to reinvigorate intelligent discourse.

I hope my family and friends will drop in and share their thoughts here, even if we disagree. With such a wide range of political and religious views represented by my friends and relatives, I am certain they will prompt some lively discussions and a wide range of viewpoints.

No comments:

Post a Comment